The Second Ring 15
The One Ring va avoir droit à une seconde édition :
Cubicle 7 Announces The One Ring Second Edition
The year 2011 saw the release of “The One Ring Roleplaying Game – Adventures over the Edge of the Wild”, our first publishing venture into Middle-earth roleplaying. The award-winning game was hailed as the best way of bringing Middle-earth to the gaming table, thanks to its thematic rules and focus on capturing the feel of this iconic setting.
To this day, The One Ring has spawned multiple supplements, and a sister line of publications for 5e – Adventures in Middle-earth. Players of the game have travelled far and wide across Middle-earth, from wild Rhovanion and desolate Eriador to Rohan, adventuring for more than thirty years of game time. Eight years after its debut, it is the time for The One Ring to enter a new era.
Today we are very excited to announce that we are currently hard at work on a second edition of The One Ring Roleplaying Game.
The One Ring – The Lord of the Rings™ Roleplaying Game brings players further into the Twilight of the Third Age and closer to the events of the War of the Ring. It has been almost 25 years since the defeat of Smaug the Terrible and the hope that came with the death of the Dragon has dwindled. A Shadow grows in the East and the Dark Lord’s forces are mustering their strength. The Steward of Gondor has need of heroes, and great deeds await those who would answer the call.
The second edition of the game will feature all new art, as well as stunning new maps created by renowned cartographer Jared Blando. Players can choose from 11 Cultures and 6 Callings from across Middle-earth to create their Company and their journeys will see them play a crucial role in the events leading up to The War of the Ring. This edition also features a set of updated and streamlined rules, developed from years of players’ feedback and design development, and implemented by renowned designer Francesco Nepitello.
Those who have been with us since the beginning will be happy to learn that all previously released material for The One Ring will be usable with the second edition, with only minor adjustments.
The World Ahead
The One Ring – The Lord of the Rings™ Roleplaying Game will launch between Q4 2019 and Q1 2020 with the core rules and Starter Set. Below you can see the products currently in development. We will update these with release dates as they become available.
- The One Ring – The Lord of the Rings™ Roleplaying Game: The 352 page core rules featuring stunning new art, maps, rules for character creation, and everything you will need to adventure in the lands of Middle-earth.
- The One Ring – The Lord of the Rings™ Starter Set: Explore the Misty Mountains and reclaim the Horn of the Storm in the perfect introduction to The One Ring Roleplaying Game. This box set includes a 64 page adventure, a 48 page guide to the lands of the Misty Mountains, a set of dice, six pre-generated characters, character handouts, tokens, and more.
- Loremaster’s Screen and Legends of Middle-earth: A beautifully illustrated Loremaster’s Screen along with a 32 page collection of mini adventures that Loremaster’s can drop into their games.
- Fell Foes: A dedicated bestiary containing fell foes and dangerous creatures from all across Middle-earth.
- Minas Tirith – The Tower of Guard: A guide to the city of Minas Tirith and its surrounding lands.
- The Errantries of the King: A campaign adventure set in Gondor. Written by Gareth Ryder-Hanrahan, author of The Darkening of Mirkwood.
- Moria – The Long Dark: Explore Khazad-dûm deep beneath the Misty Mountains in this long awaited adventure for The One Ring – The Lord of the Rings™ Roleplaying Game.
We can’t wait to share the next steps in our journey across Middle-earth. Be sure to keep an eye on our website and social media channels for further updates, and sign up to our newsletter so you never miss any news.
Si tout se goupille bien, Bree et Oath of the Riddermark seront sortis ou sur le point de sortir quand la V2 arrivera en VO. Ceci dit, je me demande si l'Adventurer Compagnon ne deviendra pas obsolète dans l'histoire...
donc à venir pour 2020 :
En gros :
- un système de jeu amélioré
- sur la période entre celle de la v1 et la guerre de l'Anneau
- un starter kit ( j'imagine que c'est celui que Edge conçoit)
- un noycel écran accompagné de plusieurs scénarios
- un bestiaire
- Region Gondor
- Campagne Gondor
- Campagne Moria
Note : les extensions de la v1 seront compatibles avec le système de la v2 avec juste quelques adaptations.
Que voilà de bien belles nouvelles.
Que ce soit l’arrivage des éléments de la gamme qui manquent par rapport à la VO, la compatibilité de la future v2 avec l’existant et la prévision de la Moria qui va rendre un de mes joueurs surexcité à l’idée.
The One Ring – The Lord of the Rings™ Cover Reveal!
The One Ring – The Lord of the Rings™ Roleplaying game is the second edition of the award winning tabletop roleplaying game set in the world of The Hobbit™ and The Lord of the Rings™. The 352 page core features updated rules based on years of feedback, stunning new art, and a beautifully illustrated map of Middle-earth.
The game contains everything you and your friends will need to adventure in the lands of Middle-earth, including:
- A complete set of rules for roleplaying in Middle-earth
- Instructions for how to create your character and forge your own fellowship
- 11 unique Cultures and 6 different Callings to choose from
- A bestiary of enemies to face, from creeping Giant Spiders and hungry Wargs, to vicious Orcs and terrifying Stone-trolls
- Advice for telling stories that evoke the spirit and feeling of the The Hobbit™ and The Lord of the Rings™
- A complete Tale of Years spanning from the death of Smaug up to the year 2065 of the Third Age
Cover art by Johan Grenier
The One Ring, Middle-earth, The Hobbit, The Lord of the Rings, and the characters, items, events and places therein are trademarks or registered trademarks of The Saul Zaentz Company d/b/a Middle-earth Enterprises and are used under license by Sophisticated Games Ltd and their respective licensees. All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise, without the prior permission of the publishers.
ah pardon, ils l'ont annoncé sur le forum One Ring mais ça reste aussi une bonne nouvelle
En fait ils peuvent reprendre une grande partie de ce qui avait été fait, car ça venait de Francesco Nepitello, pas de C7.
Quelques infos récentes sur le sujet :